Monday, September 23, 2013

Myers Briggs and true colors

To me the Myers's briggs test is very useful and important. Understanding yourself is a very important attribute to have because it shows what your strengths and weakness are. By coming to a realization on this it allows you to grow as a person and a leader. It allows insight into yourself which can help you in a variety of ways weather it is dealing with people, learning new material or how you function in a team. By knowing my personality, INFP, it gives me in depth knowledge about my behavioral patterns such as my ability to be a mediator in conflict situations and my strong attributes to deal with people. This allows me to plays to these strengths and to develop into a person into the best of my ability.

The true colors test is also a very valuable asset. My true color indicator showed that I was an initiator. This is very important because it shows what my values are. By being an initiator my strength is skillfulness. I like to be skillful in a number of areas and prefer a hands-on approach to problem solving. The characters that make up the initiator were not surprising to me such as adventurous, spontaneous, risky, and charm. However I was a little caught off guard with the other people who were also initiators. I felt as if most of them were extroverted while I'm introverted. I do tend to see this as a positive because the uniqueness of my skill. The true colors test is very beneficial as it will allow me to play better to my strengths as a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment